This year we asked Mrs. Buckley’s 1st grade class to submit the letters they wrote to Santa. Here are just a few of the wonderful ones we received:
How are you and Mrs. Clause! I have been verey good. Can I have a fone because I want to call my mom. I also want to have a happy Christmas because I love Christmas. Will you bring my mom a dimond because she loves dimonds.
How have your elfs been? I have been very, very good. Will you please bring me a iPod so I can call daddy or mom and a elf so I can put it on my bed. Will you bring Brody bears because he likes bears and Autumn a baby ball because she likes baby balls. Will you bring Alex a mingcraft game he likes it very much. Will you bring mom and dad a cat and dog? They like cats and dogs. I will put cookes out on the table.
How is Rudoff? I have been verey good. Will you bring me a olaf pillow because I have never had one and a singing olaf because I have never had one. Will you bring mom a vase so she can put her floers in it and dad some golf clubs because he does not have eny. My sister wants a huscey dog. I will leav a carot out for you and Rudoff.
How are you doing this year? I am very very good. I want and iPod so I can play games and a puppy because it will ceep me cumponey. Will you bring my dad gluvs so he can slit firwood. Will you bring my mom a refridgerator so we can fit food in it? I will promis to give you coces.
Love, Miss Peyton
How are you doing? Im very good. Will you bring me a toy rod fish because I would like a toy that can swim and a iPod because I want to call my mom. Will you bring my Sis Virtue five dollars because she likes mone and my Sis Cere a pupy because she likes puppys. Will you bring dad a fishing pole because he likes fishing? Will you bring Angus the dog a choo toy because he likes to choo. I will leav cookes for you.
How are your elves doing? I have been very good. Will you bring me a phone cause I don’t have one. Will your bring my mom dipers cause she has a baby in her tummy. I will leave carrots on the roof for your reindeer.
by Paige Henry
Follow the link to take our survey!
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust
- Whip the cream cheese until softened.
- Blend in powdered sugar, cool-whip and vanilla extract.
- Put into crust and smooth out top.
- Make pudding as directed on box for a pie, using only 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Top pie with pudding mixture and smooth out top.
- Finish with Cool Whip and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate until set.
Mini Cheesecakes with Sugared Pecans
From Country Living
1 cup(s) finely crushed shortbread cookies, such as Lorna Doone
1/3 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped pecans
2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon(s) fine salt
1/2 teaspoon(s) fine salt
1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
2 package(s) (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup(s) granulated sugar
2 tablespoon(s) flour
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Meanwhile, line 16 standard muffin-tin cups with paper liners and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, finely chopped pecans, brown sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Evenly divide among prepared muffin cups and press down to form a solid bottom layer. Bake until set, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until blended. Beat in flour and remaining salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Divide filling equally among the muffin cups. Bake until set, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks to cool completely, then refrigerate cheesecakes for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, oil a piece of parchment and set aside. In a small skillet over medium heat, stir coarsely chopped pecans and remaining sugar together until sugar melts and is bubbling, and nuts are coated. Transfer to prepared parchment; separate any nuts that are stuck together and let cool. Right before gifting, remove cheesecakes from refrigerator and top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons candied pecans, to garnish.
perhaps we are all like snowflakes: we are cold and not identical to anyone.
perhaps we are all like leaves: we fall, but still reappear a while afterwards.
by Rachel Champluvier
For this edition of The Prowler we decided it would be fun to interview a senior, and so we talked to Katelyn Rhoads. She is a senior at Keystone High School, where she enjoys school and her friends. Her favorite subject is science because she likes to experiment with things. She has not made plans for her future but she gave us some information on what she wants to do. She told us she has not decided on a college but wants something to do with music, such as a music therapist or a music teacher.
I asked Katelyn some simple questions like are you in band and what instruments do you play? She gave a real simple answer: yes. She enjoys playing in Sr. High band, Honors band, and Marching band. She plays the clarinet and trombone. She also enjoys singing in the Sr. High Choir and Select Choir.
I asked her what her favorite hobbieswere, and she had trouble deciding what they were because she spends her life around her school work, choir, and band. She found an answer though and she said “band, choir, and reading.” She loves doing these things and she does so much that it can be difficult to do other things you want to do what makes you happy and these things make her happy. Her favorite book is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. She likes it because it is like a fairy tale that writers and readers can believe.
I then asked her what her favorite answer was, and she said Reed’s although she does not have a favorite thing to order. She likes to mix up her choices and pick different items. I asked her what her favorite holiday was she said “Christmas.” It is not about the gifts, she just likes doing Christmas activities and she enjoys seeing all the Christmas decorations.
After interviewing Katelyn I learned many things about her that I never knew. She might not be known throughout the school but the people that do know her love and are going to miss her when she’s gone. She doesn’t need to make an impact on the world in order for somebody to notice her. She is a good student and works hard. We will miss you Katelyn!
by Erica Simpson
January 13th: Make Your Dream Come True Day gives you the opportunity to do something to realize your goals and dreams. Whatever your dreams are, they usually don’t come true without some effort on your part. So, today is the perfect opportunity to do something about it. On this day do something, anything, to move in the direction of achieving your dreams. Sure, sometimes it takes several steps to accomplish them. So view today as a time to get started on them. With a little effort, they will come true! Favorite Song of Dreamers: Somewhere over the Rainbow and If I had a Million Dollars
January 20: Penguin Awareness Day, and World Penguin Day are great opportunities to learn about and appreciate one of the few natives of Antarctica. On these days, spend a little time learning about them…. a pictorial book or internet site is fun. You can also watch a documentary of these cute and popular, grounded birds. These days are also a time to wear black and white—penguin colors. However, wearing a tuxedo in their honor is optional. It is also popular today to tell a penguin joke or two.